28 July 2010

Sunny Baby

I've been preoccupied lately. All quilting activities were temporarily abandoned.

You see what happened was Natalia lent me a box DVD set of a cute korean drama (did I mention I'm a korean drama fan?) so any free time I had was spent sprawled in front of the telly, hee. Am not very disciplined that way. The same thing happens when I start a novel. I can do ab-so-lute-ly nothing until the book is finished.

Mercifully that's over now. So it's back to the sewing machine.

This is Sunny Baby. Ta daaa....



I was experimenting with half square triangles then and came up with a quilt made up entirely of them. It was also good practice at quilting with stripes. The other unique thing about it is it was made using all locally sourced fabric. Every inch of it. Of course it didn't piece and quilt as easily as American Cotton, but am quite happy with the results. Especially since I found Sunny Baby to be extra soft and cuddly somehow...

As always, a close up, nicely folded:



On to other developments, I'm sure you've seen my new page, "Shop". I thought I'd create a page where I can share my stash with other quilters and crafters out there. Actually, I think it's a subconscious attempt to clear my overflowing stash shelves, so I can get new fabric heeehahahaawww, but don't tell Yummy Hubby that, he thinks I have too much. I know there's not much on there now, but I will get around to uploading the pics soon, promise!

No comments: