26 December 2013

Umar's Quilt @ The Make Life Quilt

The quilt has been presented, so I can now show photos!

This quilt was made especially for Baby Umar, who is the splitting image of his mummy :-)


The centre panel was sewn from one pack of Moda's Make Life charm pack, using this tutorial from the super talented Alison at Cluck Cluck Sew.

All I did was add some coordinating strips on either side of the charms. And voila, perfect baby/toddler quilt size - about 42" square.


The main fabric for the back is something from Moda's The Ladies Stitching Club - so cute with all the multi-coloured buttons - with a centre strip to match the front.

A little close up of the snowball charms:


I actually did something really, really brave and free motion quilted the edges of the snowballs. It was my first time free motion quilting straight lines and I have to say it was kinda a nerve wrecking experience trying to keep all my lines straight and my stitching even. The result is not perfect, but then again, with quilting its never supposed to be, right?

I hope Baby Umar (and his Mum!) likes this little quilt!

Wishing everyone a belated Merry X'mas and Happy happy Holidays! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love itttttttttt. Thank you muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh