04 December 2013

Final Targets for the Year


Can you believe it’s December already??? So many things yet to do before the year end, and so little time … I think I should just concentrate on the projects I really want or need to finish, before December slips away.

First I really must finish up a little quilt for a friend. She’s just had a beautiful bouncing baby boy, and I owe her a cute quilt! I’m using the Moda Make Life charm pack for this project, together with some coordinating fabric. 


Don't you just love charm squares? I know I do! And these particular squares are so happy and cheerful :-)


I’m a little behind in this one, but at least I’ve got the top done now. I can’t show it to you just yet, but here’s a peek of the construction of the main blocks …


One thing I really want to be finishing before the year is up is…. my Scrappy Trip Around the World Quilt. The last time I laid out the blocks I found that I was 4 blocks short of the size I want (which needs 36 blocks total). 


I’ve now pieced the last 4 blocks, so now I’ve got to piece it altogether into one big top.


After that, I suppose I can’t escape quilting it. The thought kinda scares me because I’ve never quilted anything this big before. I’m not hoping for any fancy quilting – you can be sure I’ll be going with the easiest design possible!

More soon, in the meantime I hope everyone's having a good week :-)

1 comment:

MamaDaniel said...

cik zara.. now dah masuk mid disember dah... time really flies kan.. hihi..

charma pack saya sampai sekarang ada yang tak guna lagi.. hehe.. sayanggggg....

owh... those scrappy trip blocks.. i like sangat2!