22 December 2013

The Memory Quilt (and a couple of other things)

I've been thinking. Maybe I should rename this blog 'The Lazy Blogger' ehehehee.

I'm sure you know how it is, sometimes you just get caught up in everyday things, blogging gets pushed waaay down the to-do list. Hmm, maybe that's a potential new year resolution - to blog (and sew - yay!) more often?

Anyway, since my last post I've finished my Memory Quilt. I'm so happy to declare this one done. This was such a labour of love.


I finally got it quilted ... with a lot help (not!) from one of the Meows, who INSISTED on 'helping'.


Then the binding went on ... because theres so much going on in the quilt, I chose a solid binding. One of my favourites, it's a dark navy blue - think it's Admiral Blue from Moda's Bella Solids. Stitching the binding was exhausting, because the quilt is actually quite heavy with all those scraps. But it's all so worth it in the end.

The quilt has been getting much, much use. It lives on the living room sofa now, and we all love snuggling on/under/with it when we're hanging out. So much that I haven't even had a chance to put in in the wash yet!


This quilt is a definite keeper :-)

In other news I've also finished up the Make Life quilt for a friend's new baby boy. Have I told you how I love this collection? It has such happy happy prints!


I haven't presented it the quilt to her, so I still can't show it to you. But here's another sneak peek of the finishing process ...


Hope everyone's having a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

MamaDaniel said...

lazy blogger tapi very productive quilter.. mamadaniel adalah the other way around.. hahahaha..

nice memory quilt.. memory sebab guna semua fabric scrap untuk dikenang ke? hihi.. ;)