09 September 2013

Presents! And a Custom Quilt

Been a little down and out *sniff *, thanks to all this rain. But I actually like rain (I know, I'm funny that way) so I won't complain too much. *cough* 

First things first! There were 2 gals interested in my magazines, so guess what?  You will BOTH be getting a copy each! Michele and MamaD, check your emails :-) Muah!

Moving on, I had a custom order 2 weeks ago. From a colleague at work, who asked for a baby quilt for her little boy. Her request was basically : he's a boy, so I anything boyish, maybe animals and geometry... and she wanted a 'fluffy fluffy' quilt too. So I hemmed and hawed and hemmed and hawed some more, because I'm very nervous about custom orders. Then last week I finally just got down to it. 

Here's the progress of the quilt in pictures: 

Fabric selection


Proposed Layout


Audition for the binding...
And the finished quilt, tadah!


I hope this is fluffy enough ... 


And of course, a photo of the back:


Mama seems to like it very much, so I'm hoping little Aric will too! 

3 comments:

Michele T said...

Cute quilt and it looks fluffy and puffy to me!

Mila@Rimbun said...

beautiful quilt.
I love scrappy quilt like this.

MamaDaniel said...

Thank you! Thank you!
Sayang Milo! Sayang Milo!
Muah muahh muahhhh!!
;)

p.s: Quilt itu memang gebu, very bright and cheerful! love it! surely Aric will love it too! :D