03 March 2013

Wonder Toy

I've been really lazy lately about posting (I know, my bad) so I thought I'd better drop in a say a quick hello - Hello!!!

Today I'm going to introduce you to my new wonder toy. Actually, it's not so new.  I got it in the beginning of January, so I've had it for a couple of months now already. Anyway, here it is, tadah!


It's the Brother QC1000. And it's amazing!

I've had my eye on it for a couple of years now. And I've been trying to get everyone to buy it for me: Yummy Hubby, Mum, Dad, even dropping hints to my friends, colleagues and boss (no harm trying, you never know when you can catch someone on a generous day right? hahaha). Of course everyone either ignored me or fell just short of telling me to sod off, so two months ago I went out to my LQS and bought it myself. And you know what? I absolutely love it.


It's such a far cry from my old Singer: there're so many functions and buttons and feet etc etc, it took me a while to figure things out. There's been a lot of trial and error. And a lot of broken needles. There was  even one night when I started bawling and sobbing like a child (not kidding here) because I thought I'd broken the entire thing. Which of course I hadn't, eheheee.


I've still got my trusty old Singer. It's been cleaned out and is currently getting a well earned rest (retirement??) in its cabinet. Yummy Hubby thinks I should give it away to someone, but I'm feeling a bit selfish (or sentimental?) about it, for now at least. Perhaps if he asked me again in a few months...

In the meantime, I'm enjoying every minute with my wonder toy :-)

Have a happy week ahead!

4 comments:

yaya said...

as-salam
nak jual ke? beginner friendly x?
saya silent reader je. tak pe amik la masa beberapa bulan. saya pon dok congak2 nak beli mesin ke tak. dok pikir dari hujung tahun lepas rasanya. hubby tak percaya sebab takut membazir semangat hangat2 tahi ayam. heheeheh. buktinya dah berbulan 1 produk pon xde. huuuuu

Mila@Rimbun said...

yuhuuuu.. I am soo jealous hihihihih

Mila@Rimbun said...

whoopss missing this word..
CONGRATULATION

MamaDaniel said...

Wow!! Roomy hole to sumbat a bulky quilt sandwich! Memang wow! Singer tu... simpan kot.. for emergrncy.. (kata-kata orang tamak...hihihi... ;)))