24 February 2013

Two Week Update

Gosh it's been two weeks without checking in! The Chinese New Year's come and going, going, gone. Time sure flies when you're having fun, or in my case, when you're being chained to your desk (at work desk, that is) meeting deadline after deadline. Ugh. The things we do to get money to buy fabric, heheheee.

There hasn't been as much sewing as I would've have liked there to be :-(  but I do have updates on my scrappy trip around the world. They were all done just about after my last post, I just haven't had the chance to post about it here.

So what started as a pile of strips:


Soon took a more structured form:


I have to say these blocks are addictive. Once I got started it was fairly easy just to keep going and going and going. Sew. Press. Cut. Sew. Press. Cut. Until the office calls, of course.

Anyway, I managed to get 16 blocks done before my attention was called elsewhere. 16 - yay!


Played around with the layout a bit. Can't decide between this - what do you call these? Diamonds? Boxes?...


Or waves:


What do you think?

I've also taken out by Love Panel Quilt Top, and basted it AGAIN:


I really must get this quilted. I don't know why, but there's been a mental block with this one for me. I suppose it happens sometimes.

I hope everyone's had a good week. Enjoy Sunday!

2 comments:

Mila@Rimbun said...

vote for wave...

is it 16 block of 6x6 square? wow...

MamaDaniel said...

wow.... just wow!!!!
i like the diamond layout.. :)
<3 <3