16 March 2013

Plans

I feel like I'm on the verge of falling off the edge of blogland. It's been a challenge keeping up to date lately. I know I've hinted at this before, but oh my goodness, my day job is really making me work for my money these days! I'm trying to keep upbeat about things - I mean, at some point it's GOT to let up right? Right???

As you may guess, I haven't had the chance to do much sewing (let alone blogging), but I do now have 26 blocks (whoopeee!) of my Scrappy Trip Around the World.


I think I'm going for 36 blocks, so I've got 10 more to go, hu hu! For the moment though, I'm packing my blocks up and putting it on the temporary back burner. I'm in need of something a little more stimulating now, and let's face it, making those blocks over and over again was getting a wee bit routine. And having bits of fabric all over the place was becoming too much clutter for an already cluttered mind. This is just part of it:


But before we leave the STAW, I'll just show you what I think is my favourite block so far:


I never knew that salmon and aqua could go so well together :-)

Anyway, moving ahead, today I've peeped into my secret stash of charm packs - nothing like a charm pack to get one sewing again...


and selected 2 packs...


I'm planning on a tiny baby quilt with one pack (let's just pretend we don't know anything about any UFOs at the back of the cupboard, ok?), and a new tote for myself with the other. I've been lugging this lime green bag to work for the past month or so ...


 ... and have just about had enough of the sarcastic comments from Yummy Hubby about it. So, just to shut him up, I'm going to whip up a pretty new tote for me pronto :-)

And while I was pulling out my charm packs, this old hexagon applique fell out into my lap:


Goodness knows how long it's been sitting in there! I think it's about time it be made into something more useful.

Looks like I'll be having my hands full ... I promise to make an extra effort to check in again soon.

Until then, happy sewing!

2 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

wow..so many plans yet so little time.. at least you list down all your plans.. my plans??? bersepah-sepah dalam akal fikiran... hahaha...

love the CPs... can't wait to see your new tote bag! :D

Zara said...

MamaD, me too! Plans all over my head! My new tote is ready - will post photos soon