22 May 2011

Spirited effort!

I had my work cut out for me this weekend. I have to finish the 'Spirited' quilt if I am to catch my special courier service (ie Mum and Dad) to Oz next week.

So yesterday, after the weekly house cleaning session, I put my head down and got going.

I finished the piecing (you can see I added a couple of borders from the last time I blogged). Then after thirty minutes or so of crawling about on the floor with a mouth full of pins, here it is layered and basted.



I deviated from my favorite stipple quilting, and did simple straight line quilting with my walking foot this time. I don't know about you, but I find straight line quilting sometimes more challenging than stippling (perhaps because I'm always expecting the lines to be super straight). 

The quilting finished up quickly enough, and then it was time for some unpicking (grrrr!), requiting and binding.


'Spirited' is all finished, and as I write is hanging on the line to dry - pictures in the next post.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

No comments: