27 May 2014

Updates


Ok, I have a confession to make. I haven’t gotten very far with my HST Solids Quilt. Actually since my last post I haven’t gotten anywhere at all with it. It’s still sitting there on the top shelf, nicely folded together with its pretty damask gray backing.

Like I said earlier, I think it’s the thought of quilting diagonal lines which is scaring the pants off of me. So I do the next best thing in such circumstances –  procrastinate! Ehehee.

I did, however, attempted to a little modification on my Fairy Tale Friends Quilt. Remember I had some reservations about the white spaces? Coincidently I also had a suggestion from Omong Mak Long  (Hello Mak Long! Thanks for visiting all the way from Dallas! And thanks for your comment [yours too MamaD!] – I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I mess up a quilt top). Anyway, what I did for this quilt was just make a bunch of little yoyos which I then sewed into the middle of the white blocks. It’s not much, but any little bit helps. 
Oh, and I also added a colourful border to jazz it up. What you think?



Those spots are yoyos! Here, take a closer look:

Cutesy!

Yes, I'm yet another crooked photo...
Now all I need is to do is find some suitable backing fabric and then I can start quilting yippee! Which could mean (if I don’t find anything suitable in my stash) some fabric shopping – double yippee! Or not? I don’t know about you, but often times when I go fabric shopping for a specific project I end up with a bundle of everything else BUT what I’d been originally looking for. Whoopsies.


May has been a terrible blogging month for me. I haven’t even been checking my email let alone post anything. Part of the reason I think is that I haven’t been very good at taking photos of my projects, and you know I loathe to post without pictures. So, I’m thinking I might do a post every day until the end of the month, just to challenge myself a little. Hihihi. Let’s see how I do. Of course this may mean a lot of crappy phone photos, but most of my photos are crappy to begin with anyway, so what the heck.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

wow.. cantik..cantik..cantik..

janji tau.. kita tunggu entry esok...

Zara said...

Is it really cantik MamaD? Aww you're so kind :-)
PS I've just published today's post, let's see if I can keep my promise!