07 February 2013

Thirsty

There's this quilt along that's going on out there in the world wide web.  The scrappy trip-around-the-world. I've been seeing these blocks everywhere - just do a google, and you'll find them. Or you can see them in this link.

And so bit by bit, little by little, I'm getting THIRSTY.

So you know what? I think I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid, hee!

I took a look at the tutorial, figured I could manage it, but still tried it out on a test block:


I'm telling you, it's SUPER easy, even for me!

So then I started auditioning the fabric:


I had a hard time deciding if I want to make it super scrappy, just scrappy, scrappy in an organised-OCD-type way, or deliberately matchy-matchy : using fabric from the same lines/same colour palette etc. Oh yes, a really hard time.

Thank goodness for some inspiration lying about:

brain fuel
Then I decided to stop thinking and just go for it! And here are the first few strips:


I'm so excited! More updates soon.

No comments: