10 February 2013

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Happy New Year! 

May the year of the sssssnake bring good things to everyone.  Here at A Fabric Case we're going through our basket of mandarin oranges...


... slowly but surely.

Tossing our yee sang -  to prosperity! 


Here's a snippet about yee sang : apparently it's not done in China, so it must be a local tradition. Typically vegetarian,  but slices of salmon are common. The ingredients are placed in a large dish with some sauces, then everyone gets together with their chopsticks at the ready and TOSS. We do this every year, even though we don't celebrate the Chinese New Year.  I suspect it's because Mum just likes to eat the stuff. 

We're also enjoying the holidays. The best part about it is - no housework! Here's another snippet for you. Just in case you don't know. It's bad luck to clean the house on the first day of the Lunar new year, apparently you turn away wealth by doing that - I think (do correct me if I've got that warped somehow). But anyway, I take maximum advantage of it and DO NO HOUSEWORK, eheehehee.

On the sewing front, I'm making progress with my Scrappy Trip Around the World - yay! I'll get some photos up soon. In the meantime, I'll just leave this progress photo for you:

Little helper
Happy Lunar New Year!

1 comment:

MamaDaniel said...

the blue fabric far right ====> got that on in my stash too.. :) sama pulak! ;)