09 May 2012

A Lazy Month

I'm thinking this month is going to be a lazy month. It's already the 9th, but I'm having a little trouble getting going, whether it be sewing or blogging :-(

I don't know what it is. I haven't the inclination to tackle any new or big projects. The Office (aka my sewing room) is in a mess. My basting pins are still missing, so there'll be no quilting for a while (sorry, I fall asleep if I have to baste the old fashioned way).

There has been some sewing, it started when I made a little wallet. Then someone saw it, and wanted it. Then someone else saw it and wanted something similar too. And then another and another. Soon I had made 5 of these little wallets custom.

I know a lot of talented ladies out there do custom orders, and I take my hat of to you. I feel so pressured to make everything nice and neat (fair amount of unpicking [and swearing!] involved) because I feel like every stitch will be examined under a magnifying glass (thank goodness I don't own a magnifying glass, else I'd probably pre-examine stitches myself). No such issues if I'm making something for myself or for a friend, because then I'm not the least bit fussed if my seams are out of line.

And because I'm such a scatterbrain, I don't have any photos of the wallets to show you. So I'll just show you a photo of the fabric I used for the first wallet. Because what's a post without a photo hey? hehehee...


So yeah, I'll be leaving the sewing machine alone for the while.  Hopefully Lazy will wander off soon, and I'll be back with more.

5 comments:

MyBotanG said...

Such a pretty fabric *heart* I've been thinking about wallet making (as I need one very soon) but I just don't have the gut to venture into wallet and purse making just yet.. sigh

MamaDaniel said...

Shooh..cik Lazy..shooh.... jangan kacau cik Zara kita la....

:D

**okey.. i chased miss Lazy away already! cik Zara can start sewing now! hehehe.. ;)

Zara said...

Aww Sue,

So modest! You make great wallets/purses - I know this for a fact, because I got one from you and it's very professionally done. I still cant figure how you put it together...

MamaD,
Your shoo-ing hasn't helped, but thanks for the effort ha ha!

Mila@Rimbun said...

beautiful fabric... I want one too..

Zara said...

Hi Mila!
The fabric is Timeless Treasures and I think it's called Interlocking Puzzle. It is really pretty isn't it?