29 May 2012

Fabric Find

From my latest travels...

...vintage hankies!


I found them while strolling in one of the local markets, and got six of them for the equivalent of USD5 :-)


Of course I realise they're probably not really vintage, just look-alikes, but I tell you what, they sure are pretty. I have no idea what I'll use them for (does anyone really use hankies anymore?) but who cares, they were just too pretty to pass.


I'm loving the dainty prints and the delicate pastels - my photos just don't do them enough justice!


Probably my favourite of the lot:


Love!

2 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

Actually, u can make a quilt using these hankies.. i found 1 pattern in a book. They cut the hanky into 4 squares, add borders, then attach them all (do i make any sense here??) hehehe...

Zara said...

What a great idea MamaD! I must keep that in mind for other hankies. I'm not cutting these up just yet though, they're too sweet...