05 November 2013

Where Was I...?

It's been a while... but hello again! I guess lots have been happening - my back has been acting up, work has been OMG, Milo's tail fell off (yep, you read that right), but honestly I've just been lazy to write in. Terrible I know, I know. My bad :-( 

However, I think feel like I've been doing a fair bit of sewing, though. Let's see if I can bring this blog a little bit up to speed. 

First up, I did unpick all my straight line quilting on the scrappy log cabin quilt. Now its just quilted in the ditch around each block. So much simpler! 


And I've decided that this one will be called the Memory Quilt. Because every single piece of scrap I used to make this reminds me of a previous project I did. *Happy* 


It's pretty much done now, all I need to do is to bind it. I auditioned a LOT of prints for this, but I think this quilt will need a solid binding. 

Oh, and then I finally quilted and bound the girl patchwork quilt...


... quilted in the ditch around every group of four squares, then free motioned a little flower (is that a flower?) inside every quilted square. 


I've said before that this quilt was actually inspired by Michael Miller's mermaid fabric, so of course I just had to use the same print for the back. And I LOVE it! Picture overload of the back coming up...




I was enjoying all that pink-ness so much that I dove into my stash and cut up some fabric for another pink quilt. I'm doing a repeat performance of my Scrappy Pinks quilt, because its fast, easy, and very, very pink :-) 


And finally on top of all of that, I received a custom order for a little baby boy quilt. Here's a sneak peak... 


I'll spare you more pictures for now. Hope everyone is having a good break - Salam Maal Hijrah!  

2 comments:

Mila@Rimbun said...

Salam Maalhijrah zara..
wow free motion.. dah lama tinggal since I got my big (hi-speed) machine. too lazy to sew with my portable machine

Zara said...

Thanks Mila! I love free motion!