29 November 2013

A Little Bit of This and That

My arthritis is getting much better these last few days - I'm so thankful for that! I've been able to play around in the sewing room, slicing up fabric and piecing projects. I tried finishing up my Memory Quilt but the weight just proved too much for my arms. I've also tried laying out some blocks on the floor, but my knees were screaming for me to stop. I need to be just a little bit more patient!

In the meantime I've sorted out some of my scraps:


When I saw all the strips I had I decided to make some string blocks.


And then discovered I had another bag of strips stashed away in the cupboard - plenty for my project.


I decided on 6.5 inch (unfinished) squares.


I've now completed 14 of them. And I think I'll stop now. There should be enough for a table runner perhaps ...


There still plenty of strips left... I guess its back to the cupboard for them for now.

Oh, besides the scrappy string blocks, I also decided to cut up and piece some fabric for a boy version of Pink Rainbows.


And lastly, I couldn't resist breaking out another charm pack. One I've been hoarding because I think the fabric selection in this one is Just. Too. Cute! I'm using this to make into a baby quilt for a dear friend, and I can't wait to get it done!


It's Friday everyone - have a great weekend!

No comments: