02 April 2013

Distortion!

I might have been a little too optimistic about my Windsor Lane baby quilt.  The quilt top came together easily enough, but the quilting wasn't so smooth sailing.

I had wanted to quilt it in a simple cross hatch, but after the first few lines of quilting on the diagonal, the fabric at the top just got too distorted. 


You can't really see it in the photo, but trust me, it WAS wonky.


I'm not even going to go into the puckers. And no, I don't think I'm being a control freak.


I guess this confirms it - I'm terrible at straight line quilting.

And so. There was nothing left for it but to unpick and start again (it just occurred to me that I'm doing a fair bit of unpicking these days. Eeek!). Once that was done I screwed on my darning foot and free motioned the whole thing. And guess what? The quilting took less time than the unpicking!

Anyway, here it is, in all its quilted glory:


I still need to find some binding for it though - nothing in my stash seems to fit :-(  Hope to share a finish soon!

3 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

Cik Zara.. i do face the same problem.. but sometimes i just shut my eyes and finished it all.. hehehe.. ;P
if you notice, my pink rug also a bit wonky especially in the middle..

Mila@Rimbun said...

facing the same to.. like mamaD, just close the eye and continue haha

Zara said...

Haha! Looks like I'm not alone! But really, sometimes my wonkies are just too much!