26 April 2011

Another Quilt

I'm back to making another quilt again - and I'm SO excited!

This time I've cut into my 'Spirit' Charm Packs, remember this? 


I'm planning on making it into a lap quilt for a friend Down Under. Winter's on the way over there, and I'm thinking it'd be nice for her to have something to curl up with on the long evenings in front of the telly. What a great reason to make a quilt again, isn't it? 

This line from Moda is also aptly made up gorgeous, rich colours, which I'm hoping will brighten up many a winter's night.

And so, after a blissful weekend in The Office (aka my sewing room), cutting, piecing and lots and lots of trimming....

(And that's only the tip of the iceberg, most of the trims were already in the bin by the time I snapped that photo)...

Now I have 42 finished blocks, each measuring 7.5" square...


A pile of yumminess waiting to be pieced into a quilt top :-)

Hope everyone had a happy Easter, and do have a good week ahead.

No comments: