So anyway, in the process my sewing machine got (literally) buried under a pile of things, and I can't get within 2 yards of it it without rearranging half of the room.
In the meantime my blog is getting cold, so I'm going to show you a little something I made earlier. It's an easy way to give any corner of your home a new look. So here we go.
Take one chest of drawers from Ikea.
I use this chest to store our photo albums. Very practical, but a bit blah, don't you think? I figured it would also make a good two seater, so I got some plain white muslin and stuffing and made a nice two seater cushion. Like so:
A bit more comfortable, but still a bit bland. So then came the cover. A simple navy fabric, for a nice clean look.
We were quite happy with the result, until the kitties decided to make it their unofficial day bed. Because the cover is a navy and therefore very dark, the fur left behind by my sleepyheads became quite visible. I spent some weeks religiously brushing the seat before deciding enough was enough and that something had to be done about it. And like a lightbulb going off in my head I decided a little quilted seat cover would do the trick nicely. The result:
This little quilt is basically made up of Ohio Stars and Prairie points.
A close up:
The beauty about this seat cover is, now all I have to do is wash the little quilt as the need arises.
Hope you had a good weekend everyone!